Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Another day Another dollar.

Oh the excitement of being a working parent! On Sunday I got a call from our babysitter, she had an accident and injured herself and needs to take the week off. First, let me just say she is okay- just a "minor" injury- and I am so glad she is okay! We love her, and our son adores her! This wasn't actually that difficult to deal with- Monday morning my husband and I tag-teamed it. I went to work in the morning, then came home at noon to relieve him- then he went into work in the afternoon. Today a friend is babysitting the little guy. Luckily, I have a job that allows me to work from home on occassion, and a flexible & understanding manager!

Anyway, being home midday was awesome and a slap in the face. I SO wish that we had the financial freedom for me to stay home more. I know this is the age-old debate... And let me tell you, the grass is always greener. My ideal solution would be to work part time. A few days in the office to be an adult, a few days at home to be mommy/ Suzy homemaker. The best of both worlds! Well, until hubby's profession creates jobs with decent benefits, and a major salary hike (when pigs fly), I will remain a full-timer. Sigh.

I try to stay positive and think about all the great benefits of working... Besides, you know, benefits. Here's what I came up with:

1. Since I don't see my boy all day every day I really cherish our time together.
2. We have more $$ for convenience things. (But if I were home we wouldn't necessarily need such convenience items.)
3. An excuse to buy clothes/shoes for myself. (This is actually important- for momma's self image!)
4. I have a great excuse for skipping social functions, volunteer requests, etc. (Sorry I can't do XYZ, I work full time.)
5. Umm... That's it but what list ends after 4?

No comments:

Post a Comment