Friday, February 26, 2010

Guard Your Heart


As the month of February comes to a close, we cheer being one month closer to spring! (Well, at least I do.) February is more than just a waiting period for spring though, it happens to be National Heart Month! So, in honor of National Heart Month, here is a link to the American Heart Association's guide to eating healthy while on-the-go. March also happens to be National Nutrition Month (noticing a trend here?) so, let's get geared up for March with another article courtesy of the AMA about Healthy Diet Goals.

What do you do to stay healthy? What are your struggles? Personally, I am lucky because I love healthy foods - fresh fruits and veggies, fish, lean protein like chicken and turkey. I am great when dining out - but struggle to prepare healthy meals at home. I lack the interest in cooking... the food network bores me to tears. I'd rather watch paint dry. So one of my goals for this year is to cook at home more, maybe the more I do it, I'll be more interested in learning new recipes, etc.

I know that when I prepare healthy snacks ahead of time - I am so glad I did. It's so easy to grab a bag of carrot sticks on your way out the door instead of a handful of M&Ms, and you feel much better later!

Share your tips on healthy eating on-the-run, or tips on how to get started cooking healthy meals at home! (Because my husband is getting tired of eating cereal for dinner!)

No comments:

Post a Comment