Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ever Feel Like This?


Today is one of those days. My computer won't print double-sided, so an IT associate tried to fix it, now I can't print at all. My computer is slower than molasses, and I feel like all I am doing today is waiting for IT to fix things/run reports/do stuff for me, so I can get back to my clients.
In the meantime, my clients are breathing down my neck - requesting detailed reports and expecting them same-day seems to be the norm now. 

Clients are more demanding than ever lately. My assumption is because the economy is down, employees are either doing more work than ever before, because their counterparts have been laid off, and/or they realize that they can be demanding, and if their vendor doesn't like it, they'll go elsewhere. They know that a vendor is going to do whatever necessary to keep the business. The downside of this is that we're training clients and vendors that they can treat their colleagues like garbage, and expect higher quality services and more in-depth services, at a lower price point than ever before.

What does this mean for worker-bees? Crazy, stressed-out days full of urgent requests, reports needed 'yesterday' and punishing client meetings ... 

But hey, at least we're still employed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment