Thursday, January 28, 2010

I am Woman, Hear Me Roar


Today at a meeting, I got laughed at. That's right - laughed at. By our COO, in the middle of a meeting to brainstorm ideas and negotiate new ways of doing things. (I should clarify that later in the meeting a male coworker made the exact some suggestion/comment and his was taken seriously by the same COO.)

Did it make me feel self-conscious and embarrassed? Hell no. It infuriated me. A COO should never laugh at an employee, especially when we're meeting to discuss ideas. If you don't agree with me, then fine, disagree with me. But don't ever laugh at me. He just ignited a fire - I am longer going to be the "nice" girl in the office. I am taking charge, and taking names.

I've realized that over the years, I've become soft. I'm no longer the "hurricane" of the office that I used to be. Where did that get me? Laughed at. So yeah, I'm pretty much done sitting by and not being a force to be reckoned with.

I'm back, bitches.

1 comment: